The Parish council has received a detailed letter from Lincolnshire County Council (LCC) explaining that they are currently in the process of renewing arrangements for the provision of vehicles to be used within the Mobile Library Service, as the current vans are coming to the end of the lease agreement between the service providers Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL) and LCC.
The salient points for readers in this village are:
- smaller vans, more suitable for narrow lanes
- vans will be more environmentally friendly
- books will be selected to match the interests of customers along particular routes
- books may be ordered in advance
- there’s no intention to move the stops that are served but the service providers may need to review the days or times of the stops, to meet mileage regulations