I take every care to test all external links at the time of publication but it is not possible to periodically test them. I cannot therefore take any responsibility for such websites, especially in terms of reliability, content or security. If you discover a dead link or you want to comment on an external link, please contact me.
As a rule, imported images on this blog are credited, where the copyright owner is known. Just roll over the image to view the credit. If you think I have inadvertantly breached your copyright, please contact me before taking legal action.
This site contains photographs taken in public places. To avoid misunderstandings, please note that this is usually not illegal. “It is not illegal to take photographs or video footage in public places unless it is for criminal or terrorist purposes. There will be places where you have access as a member of the public, but will have to ask permission or may be prevented altogether. These could include stately homes, museums, churches, shopping malls, railway stations and council / government buildings.” [Ask the Police Q717].
If you have any other concerns about any image published on this blog, please contact me.
If you have thoughts or questions about any of the posts (and many of the pages) here, I hope you will add your comments. When you submit a comment, it will not appear on the site immediately, but it will be held for moderation. Then, unless it is judged to be unacceptable, it will be published. This means that anyone, anywhere, can read read it, and perhaps reply. If you don’t want your comments to be out there for everyone to read, best not to submit them. You are also welcome to reply to an original comment, or a published reply. If you want to request removal of a published comment or reply submitted by you, please contact me.
Any comment submitted for publication which contains any material which is illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, confidential, invasive of privacy or otherwise injurious or objectionable will be deleted at the moderation stage.
My Commenting Guidelines:
- Relevance: Comments which are not relevant to an existing post, or to one of the earlier comments on the same post, will not be published. If you have a suggestion about this website or you would like to submit a new “guest” post, unrelated to an existing post or comment, then please contact me.
- Links etc: A link to your own blog or website is acceptable provided it is in context or is given as part of a genuine comment, for example by way of identifying the author. Blatant advertising, however, will not be published. By default, other contact details (e.g email adresses, phone numbers, postal addresses,) will not be published.
- Other commenters: Offensive and/or personal comments about other people commenting on a post will not be published.
- Very long comments may not be published; the comments section is not the place for long essays and articles, but for discussion about a post or a previous comment.
- Editing: I prefer to publish comments without editing them, but I reserve the right to re-format or edit a comment, for example if there is an obvious error or the meaning is not clear or to remove unacceptable content.
- Private correspondance. I prefer not enter into private correspondence (email or postal) about posts, pages or any other matter related to this website unless I feel it is appropriate to do so. If you want to enter into such correspondence please use the contact form above, but I am under no obligation to reply. On my part, any such correspondance will be kept strictly confidential unless you agree that it may be published, either in full or in part. I expect you to do the same.
Guest posts: Always welcome! To submit a new article for consideration, please use the form on the get in touch page. Either type in the form directly or paste your article in. If you want to submit a hand-written article, please use the form to get in touch so we can discuss how to handle it. All information you provide is strictly confidential. If your article is published, by default you will be credited as the author. Anonymous or pseudonymous guest posts are not accepted for publication unless by prior agreement.
I prefer to publish guest posts without editing them, but I reserve the right to re-format or edit articles, for example if there are obvious errors or the meaning is not clear or to remove unacceptable content.
- This page was last updated on 11/03/20